Don't Judge Me

Posted by Chelsie on Thursday, March 24, 2011. Filed under:

I have a confession: For pretty much every night of my whole life, I've slept in my makeup. *collective gasp from the audience*

Before you start lecturing me, I already know that it's totally bad for your skin. And I don't really have an excuse for it. It's just that, as I've mentioned before, I'm a little lazy. And it's just such a chore to get the face wash out of the shower, find a clean washcloth, and turn on the water. And when I do attempt to wash my face in the sink, I almost always end up getting soap in my eyes. So I just don't usually do it. (OK, those sounded a little bit like excuses. But they're not. I promise.)

You know I love a good shortcut, so I once tried those makeup removing cloths. I used them a couple of times but they pretty much sucked and left behind mascara and eye makeup. They ended up sitting under my bathroom sink for a million years before I finally threw them away.

Anyway, last month, on a whim, I picked up the new(ish) Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes. The package boasted that they removed all traces of makeup even waterproof mascara. With a claim like that, I was in. (Have I mentioned that I'm sometimes a sucker?)


Surprise of all surprises! They actually did remove all of my makeup - including mascara! Afterwards, my face felt nice and moisturized, not tight but not oily either. And the fragrance is actually quite pleasant. I'm almost through my first package and, overall, I'd say they're a win! My only wish is that they came in a hard tub as the "resealable" cover loses its sealing powers pretty quickly.

3 Responses to Don't Judge Me

  1. A "cheery" disposition

    I am the worlds worst about falling asleep in my makeup. I am trying to do better with this.

  2. Chelsie

    I hear ya! Now that I'm in my 30s, I've realized that I need to start taking better care of my skin. Baby steps... :)

  3. Diana Smith

    I am guilty too! EEEk, I sometimes sleep with my makeup on!! Its just hard to get it off when all you want to do is go to dream land haha


    Livy Love

Leave a Reply