Day 2 - Get Up Early Fail

Posted by Chelsie on Wednesday, March 2, 2011. Filed under:

An explanation - not an excuse:

Each Tuesday night, I meet up with a group of fun-loving geeks to drink beer and answer pop culture and general knowledge trivia questions. Naturally, I tend to be up a bit later on Tuesday nights than the other nights of the week. But last night, I was determined to wrap up our festivities early so I could get a good night's sleep and wake up at 6:25, refreshed and ready for my day. 

That didn't quite happen.

Though I'm pretty sure I was asleep by 11:00 (yay!), at about 2:30 I was roused from my slumber by a dog situation that demanded my immediate and focused attention. After a good half hour of half-asleep-situation-rectifying, I was finally back in bed. 

Fast forward a few hours.

I awoke suddenly, fearing that I'd slept through my alarm! For the life of me, I couldn't remember hearing it go off. I looked at my phone and, sure enough, it was already 38 minutes past the hour! I quickly got out of bed, let the dogs out, and started a pot of coffee. "Wow, I'm exhausted this morning," I thought as I went through the first steps of my normal morning routine.

I happened to glance at the clock on the microwave. It took me a moment to process what I was seeing. I double-checked the morning's screen shot just to be sure:


Five? Not six??? I felt cheated! I was owed another 47 minutes of sleep! I would get another 47 minutes of sleep. I turned out the kitchen lights, returned to my bedroom, and crawled back under my nice, warm, comfy covers. A little while - and possibly a couple hits of the snooze button - later, I woke up to find this:


This 20 for 20 challenge just might be more difficult than I initially thought.

No Responses to Day 2 - Get Up Early Fail

Leave a Reply