Chicken Spaghetti

Posted by Chelsie on Thursday, August 25, 2011. Filed under: ,

It seems like every Southern family has a recipe for chicken spaghetti. My own family didn't -- darned Northern parents! -- but luckily my husband's family does. Well, technically, each of his sisters and his mom have a different recipe for chicken spaghetti. So I took what I liked from each of their recipes and left out what I didn't. Here's how we eat it at our house:


Ingredients
3 chicken breasts (boiled and shredded)
1 package dry spaghetti, broken in half
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups grated cheddar (one cup for mixing in, one for topping)
1 can Rotel
1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
Dash of cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper, to taste


Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil chicken breasts and shred (reserve water). Boil spaghetti in reserved water for just less than the time indicated on package (pasta will still cook a little in the oven). When spaghetti is done, combine all ingredients in a casserole dish with the exception of the second cup of cheddar. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.


Serves 4-6. Makes good leftovers.



Note: When photographing this dish, I couldn't for the life of me figure out why it looked funny. Then it hit me: I forgot to mix in the Rotel. Duh! So picture some color (not to mention flavor) mixed in there. 

No Responses to Chicken Spaghetti

Leave a Reply