Project 20 for 20

Posted by Chelsie on Monday, February 28, 2011. Filed under:

As I’ve mentioned before, I am always running a few minutes late. Especially in the mornings. Which is a bit of a problem for many reasons but, most importantly, because mornings are a huge source of frustration for the hubby and me. You see, the two of us work for the same company. And the hubby does not like to be late. At all. Ever.

My continual tardiness can be attributed to a multitude of things:

• I’ve never been the best at judging how long it will take me to get from one place to another and am notorious for underestimating travel time
• I’m always trying to fit in “one more thing” before I leave the house
• I absolutely despise getting out of my warm bed – though, once up, I’m surprisingly chipper


(Quick aside: In high school, though I was a straight-A making, super-involved student, I once got in-school suspension for having too many tardies. True story.)

It’s been said that getting up just 20 minutes earlier can relieve much of the stress and rushing around associated with trying to get out the door on time. So I figured that I’d give it a try.

Inspired by challenges such as Kendi’s 30 for 30 and Rosi + Tart’s 10 with 5 (which are both ultimately about keeping things simple), I decided to institute my own personal challenge: Project 20 for 20.

Here’s how it works:

Starting tomorrow – and for the next 20 work days – I commit to getting up and out of bed 20 minutes earlier than usual. I’ll keep myself honest by posting a screen shot of my cell phone/alarm clock daily and promise to let you know whether or not my getting up earlier has any positive affect on our morning routine.

No Responses to Project 20 for 20

Leave a Reply